Monday, March 13, 2006

Completed Shamrock Run

Woke up early on Sunday. Earlier than I would before work. Isn't that odd... to go on a RUN?! The big races in Portland are always fun. I've always done local races for the t-shirt. The only downside was I collected WAY TOO MANY in high school. I have boxes in my closet in The Dalles that my mom likes to remind me about....oops, better get around to cleaning out my closet in The Dalles.

It was kind of chilly Sunday morning. My upper body warmed up after the first mile. My lower body was finally loosened up and warm by the end of the second mile. Then in the middle-to-end of the last mile the dang guy in the Guinness beer costume passed me. Ahhh! Some of the women running near me were looking at the big pint running by and laughing. Wow, he was fast! So I decided to say out loud. "Well that just pi$$es me off when I get passed by the beer!" I think some of us were trying to keep up with him for a while, but he was too fast. I think it will be my goal next year to NOT get passed by a beer. It's ok....I don't feel too bad I passed the banana from Jamba Juice earlier in the race.

No comments: