What would you tell your 14 year old self? This is the question I just saw on a new show. Only on Lifetime television will you see a show like I just watched. The interviewer asks this same question to all of them. I think to myself. What the hell would I tell my 14 year old self? I don't think I could say something specific like when you are ___ years old do not___. That would be cheating. I'm sure there is plenty advice I needed at a young age. Be more adventurous? Not that I wasn't but I can't think of anything better to say. I think I would need to do stupid things growing up in order to learn from them. So I wouldn't want to give myself too much advice. I think I could encourage myself to go farther out on a limb. More than I am comfortable with. If I did that my life could be different. I could be somewhere else, possibly far away. Living a very simple life or living a really complicated life. One of those extremes but not regular. Regular like my life now. One of the clips on this show had a female giving the answer of "I would rather have my 14 year old self give myself advice now". I almost think that is the best answer for me. I don't know what the hell I am doing or what the hell my plan is. My 14 year old self would be a better life coach than my 32 year old self. I remember a number of times when I was young dreaming of what my future would be like. I usually day dreamed this while laying in the bathtub. I always said to myself "I don't know what I will be doing but I'm sure I will be just fine". Then remember looking down at my feet and pointing them as far as I could to reach the end of the bathtub.
Friday, April 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment