Monday, July 20, 2009

Eddie Bauer window display

I'm out walking Snickers for his last walk of the night. I walk past the randomly located Eddie Bauer store a block from my place. I'm on my way to Jamison Park because there are usually dogs there at night that Snick can make friends with.

Anyhow, as I walk past Eddie Bauer I notice the window display. I can't stop looking at it. Usually window displays don't catch me (except the Sak's and Bergdorf Goodman displays on 5th Avenue in New York). Three windows in a row that I walk by have the same thing. I am mesmerized by the Eddie Bauer display and I don't know why.

There are no clothes in the window to gaze at. It is a large photograph of a man fly fishing with the Grand Tetons in the background. It's a great picture. It makes me want to go to there. But mostly I think I like the guy fly fishing. It might be the waders he is wearing. They aren't the full ones, just the waders that go to his hips like chaps. Why is this attractive to me? I am so confused. Is it because the waders frame the male anatomy? I don't know. Is it the equivalent of when a guy sees a chick wearing a garter belt get-up? No, no that can't be it...

It's because he is fishing! Right? I mean, he is trying to be a provider and catch a fish to bring home and feed his woman and children. That's why! Deep down I really am a primitive person. It's because my genetics are a bit more primitive than 100% white folk. Ok, maybe I just like that answer. The truth is I do put more value on primitive skills than modern skills. A man with modern skills alone is undesirable to me.

I knew this was true after a tragic news story. The family driving through the woods in Southern Oregon and drove too far on forest service roads. I don't recall if they were following a map or a gps device but the father left the car to get help and went missing and died. It was a really sad story. This might be a horrible example for comparison purposes but I don't think I would have ever been in that situation. I couldn't be with someone that relies on a gps device and drives on forest service roads and keeps moving boulders out of the way to keep driving. If I know more about this subject area of my man it's not a good feeling. I don't ever want that feeling.

I guess what it all comes down to is I need a manly man. It's more apparent to me that the benefits will outweigh the costs of being with a manly man. For now I will just admire the photo of the handsome man in his sexy hip waders fly fishing with the mountains in the background. Wait, the guy in the pic is kind of old. Maybe out of my age range. Oh well. Off to finish my walk with my metrosexual dog that wears a rhinestone collar.

No comments: