I have some coworkers in my dept that are from China. I’m talking to Rose and Susan sits next to her. Susan hands me some candy to try and I see the package and I’m like “I don’t know! I’ll just take one”. I opened it and ate it and they are both watching me and I say “oh, it’s just like a BIG HUNK”. They both say “what?” “Yeah, it’s exactly like the BIG HUNK bar but it doesn’t have the rice paper covering it”.
I go on break and walk a couple blocks to Peterson’s mini-mart and buy a BIG HUNK and an ice tea. I come back sit at the chair in between their cubes and open up the BIG HUNK and they try it. “Oh, wow it really is the same”. Susan kind of laughs because last time her parents went back to China she made them a list of things to buy and bring back. One of the things was this peanut and nougat candy that she used to eat all the time when she was a kid. So Susan says “well, I guess I don’t have to make my parents buy this and bring it back anymore!” She is going to go buy a BIG HUNK and take it to her parents. I think they’ll be kind of surprised too.
Thursday, June 04, 2009
Chinese Candy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment