Holy cow. I've been reading a book from the library. Hot, Flat, and Crowded. I was #100 something on the waiting list for it so of course I forgot about it until I received an email from the library that I had a book on hold.
This book gives me eco-anxiety. But rightly so. It makes me nervous about the distant future when natural resources will be fought over. Oh wait, people fight over natural resources already. i.e. "water rights"
I was thinking about the natural resource water today. Mostly because it is dumping from the sky as if we were in a monsoon. I was thinking that this year definitely should not be a drought year. Will California have a drought year? Will California bug us for some water? I know I've heard the rumors off and on that we would have to ship them water or something ridiculous along those lines. As I hop off my scooter and take off my helmet soaked with rain I say to myself "heck no Californian's can't have our water. If they need more water they should have to live in the rain to get it!"
Next I went online to search for some articles about my Oregon to California water rumor to find how real or unreal it may be. I ended up reading for hours about Oregon and it's water. Plus a 2-part article in The Oregonian about our water issues. The comments on the bottom of the articles make me even more furious. I'm trying hard to bite my tongue and stop myself from typing up my own bitchy comment. Here are the articles - one two. Article one has the most comments.
Monday, May 04, 2009
Water
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Just found your blog! LOVE it :)
Post a Comment