In the last few months I've had bouts of ebay purchases. I've never really spent much time on there before. Now I have 7 purchases on ebay. They are all things that were at a great price. I would only buy an item from ebay if I thought it was substantially lower than what I could buy it for elsewhere. My first item was face lotion that I've used before and bought from this day spa where I had a facial. It was >$10 off the retail price if I bought it in the day spa.
Second purchase was a brown leather handbag for $15. I think that is a freakin' steal! Only $15 for leather?! I use it almost every day of the week (that matches brown).
One thing I've done is looked at the item, and the total price with shipping and said to myself "do I really need this? Is this really a good deal?". So I've actually bought less items than what I've wanted since I've been outbid a number of times. Sometimes when I'm outbid I'm like "this is not worth more than $20, and I'm not going to fight over it with this person". Which has happened but I've given up. Once it becomes a competition you pay more than you should for something because you want to WIN. Their slogan on their last ad campaign was "shop victoriously". It is so true.
Right now I'm bidding on 4 DVDs. There are a number of sellers that post DVDs for one cent with shipping at $3. So if I enter my max bid...let's say $5.00. The most I would pay for the DVD is $8. In my mind that is a good deal. Right now I'm crossing my fingers and hoping nobody outbids me and I get each item for the one cent. Nope! For two different titles I've given up and went on to the next one cent DVD and hope that I can stake my claim on it and nobody takes it over. I really want to say "hey! this is my one cent dvd! go bid on the next one in line!". If we all cooperated and had patience we would all get an awesome deal. Nah, someone has to come in and mess it all up.
I have 2 of the 4 holding at one cent but I still have 1 day and 15 hours. One dvd someone kept bidding on and they stopped after 3 bids when it hit $5.00 I am still the high bidder but $5.00 is my max. Someone could sweep it away from me at the last minute. On the other DVD someone placed one bid and pushed up the price to $2.82. I'm fine with paying $2.82 + $3.00 shipping.
I know you are now thinking "those DVDs are probably scratched". Well, I am taking a risk that they work fine. The sellers have great reviews, so the DVDs must be working for other people. They most likely are previously viewed from a video store or from someone's personal collection. But I'm willing to pay a low price for a DVD.
We'll see how my bidding goes.
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
ebay
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment