Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Ridin' in the rain


You may be wondering if I'm still riding my scooter to work in the rain. The answer is yes, I am. It's only 15 blocks or 1.2 miles and I have a good route that cuts through Chinatown to get to 3rd Ave. Today was probably the worst weather I've experienced on the scooter. It's dumping rain, slightly windy, and cold.

To make sure that my work clothes don't get soaked I wear rain pants (bib style) and a raincoat aka "Slickers". They are bright orange not just for safety reasons, but also because they were worn to Beaver football games. I do look silly riding the scooter down the street with bright orange slickers on but I actually laugh at myself too. Especially since I wear my pumps. I might have to think about changing my shoes when it's really wet outside because I don't want to wear out my pumps too fast.

No comments: