Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Ahhhhhhhhhhh

A big ahhhhhh of relief. Democrats in the House, Senate, and as President. Yee ha!

I went to North 45 tonight to watch the election on tv with Lindsey and Shannon. They got there before me. Shannon had her laptop out since she was still "online" for work.

As you may know I've been rocking the Hillary sticker on my ride for quite some time now. So I guess I should finally take it off now since the Presidential election is over. For a long time now I've known I was just going to vote for my "team" and not the exact person I wanted (Hillary/Barack). It took me a while to get over the idea that Hillary wasn't going to be the Democratic candidate. I finally got over it just last week. It was when I saw Obama on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and he spoke like a normal guy and didn't have a "rehearsed" or "written" speech.

This weekend I watched the 30 minutes that Obama bought on all of the major networks (-CNN) that gave those swing voters one last nudge to vote for him. I watched it on hulu.com since I don't watch television anymore.

It was definitely an infomercial. I was SOLD after watching that 30 minutes. Completely sold. If there was an 800 number to call and give my credit card number to I would have done it. As I said in a text earlier today to my former coworker Cindi "it got me hook, line, and sinker".

Oh and McCain's speech was good. Obama's acceptance speech touched my heart...mostly when he said "To the love of my life, our next first lady, Michelle Obama". Oh! That has to be a woman's dream to hear her man say that to the world.

So I feel GOOD after getting home from the bar and having a couple drinks and a glass of champagne after the election was called at 8:00pm. During the drive home on the scooter everybody was hootin' and hollerin' in the streets and honking their horns. Everybody is excited and happy! Even when I walked Snickers around the block I heard people shouting out of their windows.

Boy, I can't wait to watch the stock market tomorrow!!!! Confidence level is going to be up. I don't think I can guess what the increase will be in the market...but it will be significant.

And holy cow, the President is black! I almost forgot about that part. That is earth shattering news! There are some old white men turning in their graves right now. Dang. That's all I have to say. Dang. The world is a changin'.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just read this....i think you need post this:

http://www.someecards.com/upload/somewhat_topical/i_hope_youre_not_awkwardly_stuck.html

Anonymous said...

Shit it didn't work - i'll send it to your gmail