Today I drove to work in the Rover instead of the scooter. The ground was wet and I don’t like to slip around on the scooter. On my way to work on I-5 southbound there was a traffic jam. Eventually I came to the highway sign that said there was a crash. Of course there was a crash, there is no other reason for traffic to be at a complete stop like this. As I was driving along at 5mph I realized that I haven’t seen a wreck on my way to work in the longest time. It hit me; there MUST be fewer cars on the road! My goodness, this is a good thing.
I got to work late, I shared my revelation with Todd and Cindi, they both agreed. There is less slowing down in the traffic, less cars, etc. I wouldn’t have noticed until today because I’ve been riding my scooter as much as possible. I went just about 2 weeks without even starting my rover. I’ve been trying to find stats on gasoline consumption per capita in Oregon over time, but all I can find is that we have been indeed consuming less. I just don’t know how much. Once the weather gets bad, I might have to find someone to carpool with.
Monday, September 22, 2008
Traffic...not as usual
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment