Monday, May 05, 2008

This Bud's for you


For the short amount of time I was at Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield I put money in a 401(k). It got kicked out of the employee side and rolled over into the retail side of the financial institution managing the funds. Therefore, I had to figure out how to allocate it. It is not a large sum of money, so I decided to put it ALL in BEER! Specifically NYSE:BUD. Yes, as in Budweiser King of Beers…or better knows as The Anheuser-Busch Company.

We are coming upon a recession and when times are tight, people cut back on their spending. Except…cigarettes and beer…for the obvious reasons. Even though I live in the Northwest and there are more craft breweries around me than anywhere else in the country…BUD is one of the major beer products consumed in the U.S. and a good investment choice.

So here is a partial list of Anheuser-Busch products that I (and you!) need to keep in mind when shopping in the beer aisle.

Budweiser
Bud Light – ahhh I’m remembering my first keg stand at Oregon State
Budweiser Select
Bud Ice
Bud Extra
Busch
Busch Light – sophomore year
Busch NA
Michelob
Michelob Light
Michelob Ultra
Michelob Ultra Amber
Michelob AmberBock
Natural Light – aka Natty Light - cheap alternative in college – junior year
Bacardi Silver
O’Doul’s
Rolling Rock
Rock Green Light
Stone Mill Pale Ale
Redbridge
Tequiza
180 (an energy drink)
King Cobra (malt liquor)
And numerous others alliance/import brands

So remember to order a Bud Light next time you’re at happy hour. I need the stock price to go up. I bought at $47.30 and as of this morning it is $51.42. Wooo Hooo!

1 comment:

Boutique Mix Fashion said...

lol!!! great post and you're hilarious. plus i'm thirsty all of a sudden :-)