The guy in the cube next to me at work mentioned that he was going to the Oregon Garden this summer for a concert and that he has never been there. I told him it was a beautiful place…and that was all I said.
This is one of the first times that I have withheld a comment. After I hear the two words “Oregon Garden” a part of me hurts. That’s where I married Ryan on June 26th. My anniversary is in 20 days. I’m no longer married, but that date will echo in my memory forever.
The wedding was gorgeous. The pictures were beautiful, my dress was fabulous, the invitations were so pretty, and everybody raved about the centerpieces that were bouquets of flowers for the guests to take home. I was so happy. I didn’t feel like it was really happening, and I felt like I was in a time warp. I've heard of other people being sick to their stomachs before walking down the aisle. One person told me that they freaked out and didn't want to go through with it for a minute. I was NOT like that. I felt good. I had no doubt in my mind that Ryan was the man I should marry. The fact that his buttons came off of the rented tux didn't bother me. The fact that Leslie spilled some champagne on the back of my dress didn't even bug me. I was like "hey, what are you gonna do? Who cares!"
So here I am, daydreaming about that happy day in June years ago...because somebody said "Oregon Garden".
Wednesday, June 06, 2007
Oregon Garden
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment