Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Corporate Kool-Aid

Earlier today I went down to the cafeteria to get some coffee. I took my Health Net travel mug with me. I’ve said out loud that I won’t replace my Health Net mug until I get one from Regence. Plus, the mug is a good conversation starter. I started a conversation with a woman in the elevator because I thought she was checking it out. I don’t know what she does, but she might be in UW since she got on the elevator on a floor where there are underwriters. Anyhow, she asked me “do you like them? Because I’ve heard both good and bad”. I said, “oh yeah, I just came from there. I liked it”. End of story.

So I think to myself... I drank too much of the CORPORATE Kool-Aid when I was at Health Net. That, or I was mixing it myself and coercing others drink it with me. Because I can tell I’m still hung up on Health Net. Especially if I’m saying good things about Health Net in a Regence building. Isn’t that against the rules?

I’m constantly comparing everything here (at Regence) to where I was in Health Net. It’s ok that I compare since I came from a very similar dept, but I’m sure some are getting tired of hearing it. Especially my supervisor. He hasn’t talked to me in a few days now even though I’ve emailed him a couple times. Too busy in meetings to check in on his 2 new employees. Oh, and he does work out of Seattle. I guess that is another reason.

So I miss “going around the table”, and “show and tell”. Today I sent an email out to my team (10 including me) instigating both activities. It may be hard to facilitate across 4 states, but I’m sure I can make it happen. I might as well. I don’t see anyone here drinking any flavor of kool-aid. I’ll have to mix up my own batch.

No comments: