So I actually finished the Nike Women's Marathon, even though I dropped off of my training schedule the last 4+ months. I surprised myself and ran all the way to mile 17, then walked the rest of the way. I got my "Ran Like a Girl" Nike Dri-Fit shirt, and my custom Tiffany & Co. necklace. Ahh, the things that I will do for free shirt...
The night before the race Stephanie convinced me to do the half instead of the full marathon. So I didn't wear my timing chip, and I was going to hope to get through the finish line with out anybody noticing my "FULL" Marathon Bib instead of "HALF", and still get the necklace and Finisher shirt.
Well, through out the race I felt fine. I didn't suck as bad as I thought I would. Then around mile 11-12 when it came time to split the courses, I went the Marathon route. Another reason why I decided to do the whole thing was because I saw two girls wearing a shirt that said "Pain is temporary, finishing is forever", and it reminded me that this event is one thing on my "checklist" that I need to complete. I could get it over with today, and not feel bad about never getting around to another marathon the rest of my life.
Wednesday, October 25, 2006
26.2 Miles Down!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment