I know I live in the city, but Portland isn't THAT big of a city. Sometimes it feels like it, but I am not convinced that it is. For example, there is no diversity in Portland. People like to say, "well, we have some black people up in NE". I guess that is where the majority of our black population resides, but NE has recently been overtaken by hippies.
I'm not ragging on hippies. I'm just dissapointed in Portland. We could have more of something that makes me feel like I'm in a big city. Possibly an oriental market in Chinatown when I want to buy vermicelli rice noodles, rice paper wraps, plum sauce, and hoisin sauce in one stop so that I can make some salad wraps. Is that too much to ask? A market in Chinatown? I guess I'll just drive out to suburbia to find my maket.
This morning I was on the freeway on-ramp behind a Ferrari. That made me feel like I was in a big city. Thats when my big city thoughts emerged.
Wednesday, June 28, 2006
City
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment