Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Happy Easter

This year I was delegated the duty of finding a restaurant for the entire Stepfamily to eat at for Easter. I made a reservation for 14, and then it bumped up to 20. It ended up being a party of 25 on the day of. Mother’s Bistro was packed we had to squeeze around people after walking in the door. It was ok; the last 5 people standing didn’t wait for another table to become available so that walked over to Huber’s.

I think it was nice for me to even make the reservation. I don’t have any kids in this family, and I’m not even a blood relative. It’s just stepfamily that I’ve been hanging around since I was 5th or 6th grade in The Dalles.

It was a relief to have Easter in Portland. I didn’t have to drive to The Dalles. Plus the relative that live in Washington only drove to Portland, which was a convenience for them too.

No comments: