I went to Whistler last weekend. It was fun to learn how to snowboard. I was pretty dang sore after doing it two days straight. I had lessons the first day and my instructor was quite the character. He was formerly a street kid on drugs. I guess he learned how to snowboard because he got into this program where they would take street kids up to Whistler and teach them how to snowboard and hope that they would get off the streets and lead productive lives. I would say that he is leading a productive life now. Living at Whistler in employee housing and being able to snowboard whenever sounds like a pretty nice lifestyle, even though they get paid hardly anything. It’s a tradeoff.
I don’t know what else to say about Whister…It’s one SERIOUS resort town. It’s an adorable village to wander through and window shop. It was nice to relax. Had some good food. You know, just enjoyed my stay.
Friday, March 31, 2006
Whistler, B.C.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment