So on Tuesday I find my car with a flat tire before I have to go to work. I had the bad tire patched during lunch. Wednesday morning the same tire is flat. Obviously the patch job didn’t hold up and leaked over night. Oh well, I’ll just BUY a new tire so that I don’t have to deal with this again. I mean…I need to get to work…I want to go to work. I don’t want Les Schwab to become my hangout. I know every woman loves it when one of the gorgeous, buff, and tough Les Schwab employees RUNS to you…. But I need to keep it in moderation.
So why the bad karma? I know exactly why. Monday night I was on the phone with Ryan. A while ago we planned on going in and doing paperwork (yes, the big D) on his next Friday off. He gets every other Friday off because of his compressed work schedule (federal employee lingo). Apparently he is out of town for work the entire week. Why don’t I know this?! I never knew when he would be out of town when we lived together, but he would try to claim the same thing…that he never knew either. Kind of like when he ASKED me if he could work over the weekend of our 1st wedding anniversary. Ugh, thats was the icing on the cake.
Anyhow, I was upset that we weren’t going in on Friday like I had planned. I recently made a target date, or else it would never get done. We’re both lazy people, its just a formality at this point, and I don’t want to do the paperwork because I always took care of the business matters for us. I’ll make him deal with business matters at least once…the very last one.
So he said: Well, can’t we just do it on my next Friday off?
NO, Ryan!
We’re going in on Monday!
Why?
Because I said so! I will have to take a day off of work anyways; I don’t care about waiting for your next day off!
Amanda, what is up with your un-teamwork like attitude?
Sorry. I just want to get it off my plate.
Well, I’ll just go take it in by myself.
How do I know you won’t put some tricky sh** on there before you turn it in?! (Sarcastically and Laughing)………….
All I know is Ryan and I are way too civil for our situation. The only thing we are complaining about is who is going to pay the silly filing fee of $300.
End of the story-------I will blame my flat tires on my un-teamwork like attitude towards Ryan.
Thursday, March 09, 2006
Bad Karma – 2 Flat Tires
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment