Monday, January 23, 2006

LumberJax

Saturday night I went to the first home game for the new team in town….the LumberJax Lacrosse team. Apparently Alyssa got tickets from her boss so I went with Alyssa, Angela, and Darin. It was entertaining; I would definitely go to another game. The closest comparison I can think of is hockey, I went to a hockey game once and I think Lacrosse is a cooler sport to watch. But don’t take me seriously; I don’t know anything about either of these sports. All I know is the swinging of the sticks, random brawls, and pushing against the walls were amusing.

When we did our “lap” around the Rose Garden during half time I got a free poster of the LumberJax Dance Girls. Sweet! The icing on the cake is the fact that I recognized a girl on the dance team! Wow, it was someone in my sorority that was a couple years below me. That’s just great, Alpha Gamma Delta is representin’.

I also ran into some dudes from college. I had a chat with my friend Eric Trutenko that was in my major. He ended up doing the Long-term care thing unlike me. He also lost a lot of weight. I told him that too. I said “Gosh, you’ve lost a lot of weight”….but I said it in disgust. He didn’t look healthy to me. Men need SOME meat on their bones.

Anther thing that happened during our lap around the Rose Garden was Angela saw one of her students. The funny part was she had a cup of beer in her hand and was holding it close so that maybe they wouldn’t notice that the side of the cup said “BEER”. I would think my teacher is pretty cool if I saw her out in public drinkin’ a beer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You sound like an interesting person; I think we should get together sometime.

Walter In The Hood