So my dad called me right before the end of the work day to ask me if I had plans for dinner. I met up with him at a buffet. He always likes to eat at those all-you-can-eat buffets. Maybe its because he gets the senior discount. We noticed that the discount was only 70 cents....booo! If you saw my dad you wouldn't believe that I am one of his offspring. I even think he is amazed sometimes. Why? He looks 100% Indian, because he almost is....and you would think he is my great-grandfather because he has aged so much.
Why do I look the way I do with a white mother and an Indian father? Sometimes I think my mom just wanted half breed children. Maybe she did....I read an article in Psychology Today about mixed races. I can't find it online, but here is an article similiar to what they said. I think my mom WAS trying to mix up her own little gene pool.
Back to dinner-
So what was the occasion? He won $465 at Keno earlier and decided to call me up. I think this was the first time that I've been with him and didn't have Ryan on my side. I know he is bitter about my situation with Ryan. He was really getting to know him. Ryan was getting to know him more than I was. But I guess thats what happens when Ryan works right next to my dad's house...which is over an hour down the gorge.
I know in the back of your mind you're thinking....of course he was gambling...he's an Indian...thats what they do. A really negative person might say.....those Indians...always gambling...they'll think of anything to have a casino...yeah right, I'm sure that was a tradition....
FYI- those were comments one of my old roommates said. I immediately told him... Well, actually there are games that have been around for a while. If you go to smaller or rural Pow Wows sometimes you'll see people playing Stick Game.
Wednesday, January 18, 2006
Dinner with dad
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment